People ask me for resources all the time, and obviously, a book and its reader as as unique as a fingerprint ~ only YOU know what the right book for you is at any given time. That said, here's a list of 5 "guidebooks" I consider absolutely essential for developing the spiritual and mental muscles you need in business.
You'll hear it said over and over again ~ if your business revolves around your heart's work, it is a profound spiritual experience. There's no hiding behind fear. There's no making excuses. You've got to work those muscles to help you learn both the pragmatic business building skills you need as well as the powerful mindsets that will help you past obstacles and the hurts of putting your ideas in the world.
If I could tell you 1 thing, it's to cut through the crap. Hear everything, learn everything, try everything you, but ultimately, trust your inner knowing and guidance about what is best for you and the way you want to build a coaching practice.
Don't ever give over your power or knowing to any business gurus. Ultimately, you know. YOU KNOW. (click to tweet and tell all your friends! Please!)
1) Tama Kieves, This Time I Dance. This ought to be ISSUED in every entrepreneurial training program.
2) Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth. Tools you need to manage the Ego in your biz and life. Because putting your heart's work out there is a spiritual journey.
3) Bayan, Words That Sell. Because OMG, I love words. And in biz you have to write A LOT, and this book is so super fun to open up, pick a word and pour over all the fun, dazzling words you can play with.
4) Jean Shinoda Bolen, The Millionth Circle. The shortest, most powerful tome on building transformative, sacred containers for your work.
5) Jeff Walker, Launch. Yes, it is a salesy little book that relies on internet marketing, but it also does contain all the pieces of the internet puzzle broken down in manageable pieces in a short book.
Pop over to Facebook and tell me:
What's your essential life + business guide?